Terms and Conditions
Payment Delivery Timescales
– Remittances accepted on a Saturday or Sunday will not be processed until the next business day in London.
– Oi Brasil Finance Ltd, trading as Imperial FX guarantees payment of your remittance within two working days.
– If the Remitter makes a credit transfer to the Bank in order to cover the remittance, it is his/hers responsibility to confirm the remittance by calling or writing (email acceptable) to Oi Brasil Finance Ltd.
– Oi Brasil Finance Ltd cannot be held responsible for any delays in remittance payments occurred from errors and/or wrong data provided by the customers. The absence of the beneficiary’s CPF may delay the payment.
– It is the client’s responsibility to double check that all details in the receipt are correct once order is confirmed prior to signing the receipt.
Oi Brasil Finance Ltd App and API
App subject to this T&C and the Appstore Rules.
We license the use of the App to you on the basis of this T&C and subject to any rules and policies applied by any appstore provider or operator whose sites are located at App Store and Google Play. We do not sell the App to you. We remain the owners of the App at all times.
From time to time updates to the App may be issued through App Store or Google Play. Depending on the update, you may not be able to use our Services via the App until you have downloaded the latest version of the App and accepted any new terms.
Your right to use the App and the API.
In consideration of you agreeing to abide by our T&C, we grant you a non-transferable, non-exclusive licence to use the App on your device and the API subject to this Agreement. We reserve all other rights.
– Notice that our operational system does not calculate pence’s in foreign currency to remitters. All values are rounded down. Oi Brasil Finance Ltd will pay back any difference that might result in the calculation of the transaction upon client’s request.
– Oi Brasil Finance Ltd applies charges in accordance with its existing published tariff.
– If you choose to have charges deducted from the remittance amount, Oi Brasil Finance Ltd will remit the net amount to the beneficiary. If you choose not to have charges deducted from the remittance amount, the Oi Brasil Finance Ltd will add the charges to the amount you wish to send and you will pay the remittance amount and the charges
Cancellations and Queries
If you request Oi Brasil Finance Ltd to cancel a remittance payment that has already been sent and received by the beneficiary’s bank, we will use all reasonable endeavors to obtain the return of monies and you acknowledge that this may require the authority of the beneficiary. Monies returned may also have charges deducted by the beneficiary’s bank to cover costs. There shall be no refund on the fees which were levied at the time of placing the original remittance, these will be retained by the company to cover costs. Oi Brasil Finance Ltd reserves the right to charge a cancellation / refund fee of £30.00 (Admin fee).
Should the client deposit funds through the company’s online system (whether it is the website or the App) and then decides not to proceed with the transfer and cancels the transfer, it is the responsibility of the client to inform the company in writing; email is accepted, that they request the return of the funds to the originating bank account. The client also accepts the condition that an administration fee of £15.00 will be deducted by the company to cover administration costs; this will be deducted from the original amount submitted to the company’s bank account. Notice that once the ‘online’ transfer order is ‘paid’ such transfer cannot be reverse, except if you cancel the transfer which means the above policy will apply. Notice that all refunds following a cancellation will take 72 hours (3 working days) before it is in your account.
If you request us to investigate or amend an existing payment, Oi Brasil Finance Ltd reserves the right to change the exchange rate applicable on the day of the amendment. If an error has arisen which is due to the actions of Oi Brasil Finance Ltd then the exchange rate applicable on the first order will prevail.
Oi Brasil Finance Ltd is not responsible for checking details of the remittance (including details of the beneficiary or the beneficiary’s bank provided by you.)
Oi Brasil Finance Ltd shall not be liable to the remitter or beneficiary for any loss of profit, contracts or goodwill or any other loss or damage including any indirect consequential loss (whether arising in contract, negligence or otherwise and whether or not the possibility of such loss or damage was known or brought to the attention of Oi Brasil Finance Ltd at the time it accepted the remittance instruction to effect the relevant remittance transfer) provided always that Oi Brasil Finance Ltd will, if requested by the customer, use all reasonable endeavors to trace and recover (at the customer’s cost and expense) the amount of any remittance transfer not received at the beneficiary’s bank. Oi Brasil Finance Ltd shall only be liable for a delay in funds being credited to the beneficiary’s bank to the extent that Oi Brasil Finance Ltd has been negligent, in which case, Oi Brasil Finance Ltd shall be liable to compensate the remitter for loss of interest for the period during which the payment has been delayed. In the event of the funds failing to be credited to a beneficiary’s bank, Oi Brasil Finance Ltd shall only be liable if it has been negligent but shall not be liable to the remitter. Remitters may not include conditions to be satisfied before payment can be released to the beneficiary as neither Oi Brasil Finance Ltd nor beneficiary banks can accept responsibility for policing such conditions.
It is the client’s responsibility to ensure the payment transaction is finalized within a period of 6 months. After 6 months, Oi Brasil Finance Ltd retains the right to keep any monies not claimed for.
These Terms and Conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Oi Brasil Finance Ltd and the remitter hereby submit to the jurisdiction of English Courts.
By signing or submitting a remittance application, the individual(s) named are:
– Confirming that any details supplied are true and complete;
– Authorising Oi Brasil Finance Ltd when considering the remittance application and at any time in the future to make credit reference, identity, fraud and other enquiries, including information from the electoral register.
– It is understood that credit reference and fraud prevention agencies will maintain a record of our search and the information we give them including whether you have given us false or inaccurate information or we suspect fraud.
In making an overseas transfer we are acting as your agent. You must comply with any relevant local laws and you agree to hold us harmless against all obligations and liabilities we incur as a result of acting for you.
By submitting a remittance application, the sender consents to the transfer and retention of their data outside the EEA. If the sender wishes to receive details of his or her data held by Oi Brasil Finance Ltd, he or she should contact the address below:
Oi Brasil Finance Ltd
361 Edgware Road,
London W2 1BS, UK